The Session Long Project (SLP) component of “Management of Change in Education” course provides the continuous training to become knowledgeable in developing the literature review for your dissertation. By the completion of SLP 5, you will have completed the first draft of the literature review of your project that have obtained a series of 20 studies (four studies per module) from peer-reviewed research literature and doctoral dissertations to build your project. In this SLP, you will have continuously studied the procedure of building your literature review according to the topic of your study.
In your SLP 1, you will briefly discuss the topic, purpose, problem statement, and research questions of your research project that you created in your DEL 602 and 614 courses. Then, you will present the key elements of the literature review for your project. In your SLP 2, you should present the brief information of your literature review and specify 5-6 headings to categorize the key elements to provide knowledge gap by comparing similarities and differences on theory and method for your project including the brief contents for each category. In SLP 3, you are expected to refine and elaborate on the contents of the headings/categories to present knowledge gap in depth based on your literature review through the academic studies that you have perused. In SLP 4, you should develop your preliminary literature review section of your dissertation including the brief information of your literature review, 5-6 headings of knowledge gap by comparing similarities and difference on theory and method and create the summary of your literature review at the end of the paper. In your SLP 5, you should develop the first draft of literature review section of your future dissertation.
- In your SLP 1, you will briefly discuss the topic, purpose, problem statement, and research questions of your research project that you created in your DEL 614.
- Then, please create a 2-3 page narrative essay to present the key elements of the literature review for your project.
- For this essay, you should use a minimum of four studies (2 studies: peer-reviewed research articles, and 2 studies: doctoral dissertations) published within the last 5 years. Those studies should be related to your topic and theory to build the literature review section of your project.
- SLP 1 should be a minimum of 3 pages excluding the cover and reference page. Please remember to attach the separate cover and reference page.
SLP Assignment Expectations
- Your references must be from the peer-reviewed research journals and doctoral dissertations published within the last 5 years, preferably within the last 1-3 years.
- Your references for SLP 1 should be a minimum of 4 studies (2 peer-reviewed articles and 2 dissertations).
- Each of the above items must be clearly and accurately addressed.
- Your project must be written in a clear and concise academic manner, adhering to APA formatting throughout.
- Length per study: a total of 2-3 pages (excluding the cover and reference page). Please have a separate cover/title and reference page.