To prepare for this assessment, complete the following:
- Read Chapters 1 and 2 of Arthur’s Recruiting, Interviewing, Selecting, and Orienting New Employees e-book, linked in the Resources.
- Browse Fortune.com’s “100 Best Companies to Work For” list, linked in the Resources.
- Read the scenario below.
CapraTek, a fictitious technology company, has a long history as a leader in the design and manufacture of computer server components and continues to provide innovative solutions to industry needs. They are currently leveraging this culture of innovation to expand into emerging wireless technologies. As part of that diversification, CapraTek is developing advanced smart-home technology.
Last month, CapraTek announced that it will begin developing a wireless system providing seamless integration of newer home electronics and appliances capable of being controlled electronically. Security, heating and cooling, lights, locks, telephone, home entertainment, computers, and gaming devices all controlled through a single wireless device and a simple Web-based interfaceâ€””It’s better than a butler, it’s Alfred!” Alfred! will be produced in a new manufacturing facility currently in the planning phase. Groundbreaking on the new facility is planned within the next six months with full operations to be accomplished in three phases over the next two years. Distribution of the Alfred! device and components will be through existing distributors and retail outlets.
As part of the human resources team, you have been asked to support locating and staffing this new manufacturing facility in order to meet CapraTek’s strategic growth needs. The plan is for Phase 1 to be needed in one year and Phases 2 and 3 at one-year intervals after that. Here is some data you have uncovered when looking at similar CapraTek facilities opened within the past five years:
- Phase 1 = 140 production employees.
- Phase 2 = An additional 80 production employees.
- Phase 3 = An additional 120 production employees.
CapraTek’s facilities management has informed you that the initial training will take place on-site, and staff from other CapraTek locations will conduct the training over approximately a six-week period. Past experiences suggest that only one in five employees interviewed will be both qualified and willing to accept the job, and 20 percent of those hired will not complete the training.
Select a U.S. state to analyze as a possible location that will support CapraTek’s hiring projections for the new facility. (Normally, this duty is not an HR function.) Using the described CapraTek hiring scenario, write a 2â€“3 page memo to CapraTek’s VP of operations in which you include the following:
- Identify the number of production employees to recruit and hire. Note: This is to include the number of applicants needed to meet Phases 1, 2, and 3 as well as the number of hirings needed to meet production of the new product.
- Describe how employment and demographic trends for your selected state impact CapraTek’s future workforce planning.
- Assess elements of CapraTek’s workplace culture that could be developed for it to become an employer of choice. Include at least three elements, and support your answer from readings and other credible sources.
Do you need a similar assignment done for you from scratch? We have qualified writers to help you. We assure you an A+ quality paper that is free from plagiarism. Order now for an Amazing Discount!
Use Discount Code “Newclient” for a 15% Discount!
NB: We do not resell papers. Upon ordering, we do an original paper exclusively for you.