Competencies Addressed in This Assignment
- Competency 1: Apply leadership decision-making skills in a correctional administration environment.
- Competency 2: Analyze the culture of correctional organizations from a leadership perspective.
- Competency 3: Apply leadership skills and resource management decision making.
- Competency 4: Determine ethical parameters applicable in correctional settings.
- Competency 5: Communicate effectively with diverse populations.
In this assignment, the criteria in your Connect Your Learning Scoring Guide are directly aligned to Competencies 1â€“5 for the course.
This course has taken you on a journey of the correctional system in the United States. You have explored philosophies of corrections along with various strategies being used to achieve the goals of those philosophies. Rehabilitation and reintegration are the two philosophies that the correctional system is attempting to achieve in today’s society. There are several detriments that the correctional system will have to overcome for these two philosophies to be successful. It will be up to the future leaders in corrections to develop strategies to overcome these detriments and to further the possibility of making correctional staff more professional for the betterment of the correctional field, the inmates, and the community. For your final assignment, you will make connections between your learning and applications, showcased in leadership-specific contexts.
Prepare a 4â€“6-page paper (1â€“1.5 pages per competency for Competencies 1 through 4), focused on the course competencies:
- Address two key areas of learning for each competency. Competency 5 will be showcased through your coverage of Competencies 1â€“4.
- Showcase your learning proficiency and describe the importance of your learning relative to application in a career context.
Place your assignment in your ePortfolio for future reference, and to demonstrate your learning connections for future employment purposes.
Be sure to review the Connecting Your Learning Scoring Guide to ensure you understand the criteria for this assignment.
Your assignment should meet the following requirements:
- Written communication: Must be free of errors that detract from the overall message.
- Resources and citations: Format according to current APA guidelines.
- Required page count: 4â€“6 typed, double-spaced pages, not including the title page or the references page.
- Font and font size: Times New Roman, 12 point.