Criminal psychocology | assignmentcollections.com
Prior to beginning work on this discussion, read the article, “Sentencing Advocates Enhance Reasoned Court Decisions,” then read the list of infamous murderers whose high profile crimes dominated headlines for many years. Choose one of these individuals to become your client for the remainder of the course. That is, this individual and case will be the topic of your final assignment in the course:
In your online classroom, select the link “Killer Bios” for a list of these infamous murderers. In that link, you will find several Ashford University Library sources on each murderer. In addition, there are some starter links listed below under each name.
Imagine that you have been retained by the client’s defense attorney as a death penalty mitigation expert. Your role in this capacity is to work as a sentencing advocate on behalf of your client (the defendant). In Week 5, you will prepare a comprehensive case study report. This report will contain an analysis of the psychological factors that may have contributed to the commission of the crimes in the chosen case study and how these psychological factors should be considered as a basis for a prison sentence less than the death penalty. For the purpose of this discussion, we are proceeding as if the client is still alive and has not yet been sentenced (though all of these cases have already been resolved). In your initial post of 300 words, please examine the following and address the questions below:
- Tell us which client you chose and why. That is, what was it about the case that interested you?
- Based upon your preliminary research on this case/client and your assigned textbook readings, what mental disorders might your client be suffering from that may have contributed to the crime?
- Describe the disorder including its signs and symptoms. Connect those that you believe apply to your client’s behavior.
- What does your textbook say about the likelihood that your client’s mental states contributed to the crime?
- Discuss whether psychopathy, insanity, or competence to stand trial are potential issues in your client’s case based upon your preliminary research of the case and your assigned textbook readings.
- Support your claims with examples from the required materials, other scholarly and/or credible sources, and properly cite any references.
The post Criminal psychocology appeared first on My Assignment Geek.