Learning Objectives and Outcomes
- Identify the business impact of several access controls.
- Identify mitigation techniques for weaknesses of each of the access controls.
Read the worksheet named â€œMapping Business Challenges to Types of Controlâ€ and address the following:
Using what you have learned about access controls, identify the business impact of the challenge, and identify an access control method that will mitigate the impact to the business.
Respond to your peers with your point of view on their answers. Respond to at least two of your classmates’ original thread posts with between 100 – 150 words for each reply. Make sure your opinion is substantiated with valid reasons and references to the concepts covered in the course. In addition, initiate a discussion with the students who comment on your answer.
- Worksheet: Mapping Business Challenges to Types of Control (ws_businesschallenges)
Use the following checklist to support your work on the assignment:
- I have engaged in a discussion of the assigned topics with at least two of my peers.
- I have raised questions and solicited peer and instructor input on the topics discussed.
- I have articulated my position clearly and logically.
- I have supported my argument with data and factual information.
- I have provided relevant citations and references to support my position on the issue discussed.
- I have compared and contrasted my position with the perspectives offered by my peers and highlighted the critical similarities and differences.
- I have solicited peer and instructor feedback on my arguments and propositions.
- I have offered a substantive and critical evaluation of my peerâ€™s perspective on the issues that is opposite of mine, and supported my critical review with data and information.
- I have followed the submission requirements.