Discussion question Discrimination in Public and Private Organizations What are the lessons learned from the implementation – Get help from top-rated tutors 2024
Social Equity and Diversity in Business and Government Organizations
Discrimination in Public and Private Organizations
- What are the lessons learned from the implementation of affirmative action policies?
- What strategies would you propose to eliminate discrimination in public and private organizations?
- What strategies would you recommend to create more inclusive public organizations?
I added an article which the professor’s asking us to read. Make sure to not make it all about this article attached and add other sources
Course Description and Purpose
This course explores the pressing contemporary issue of the relationship between government and minorities. Examines the clash between established institutional values and minority group values, and surveys remedial programs aimed at dealing with the problem. Comparative case studies will be used to analyze public agencies’ internal relations with minorities (recruiting, selection, etc.), as well as their different responses to the minority groups they serve.
Students will be able to do the following:
- assess the current status of government and minority group relations;
- assess the current status of local government initiatives targeting minority group empowerment;
- identify and review domestic and international policy initiatives targeting minority groups;
- explore, analyze, and critique current research that examines government and minority group relations;
- explore the current implementation and status of government diversity initiatives;
- identify and discuss major authors and theoretical approaches relevant to government and minority group relations;
- have read the assigned reading material to offer an informed critique and to evaluate the information, ideas, and philosophies that are presented; and
- develop and practice critical thinking, subject content knowledge, writing skills, and communication skills in the area of government and minority group relations.
At the completion of this course, students will be able to do the following:
- articulate the current challenges experienced by historically underserved groups in their interaction with government policies and practices;
- present strategies for fostering more inclusive government organizations;
- articulate problems and remedies related to government and its relationship with underserved groups; and
- demonstrate competencies in effective critical thinking, subject content knowledge, writing, and communication skills in the online environment.