Select a Study Assignment Instructions
Professional literature is filled with articles documenting research studies that have been done on topics of great value to health professionals.
For this assignment, you will choose one of two articles that are listed below, and are available through the SPC library. I have provided the information that you will need to locate the articles in the SPC databases. Please browse through each of the studies and select one that you are interested in carefully analyzing over the next few weeks.
Note that you will use your chosen study for this assignment as well as for both of the Analysis Assignments.
Your selection must be from these two studies – do not find your own study to use for the assignment.Be sure that the articles that you locate and browse to make your selection exactly match the information that is provided for each of them below.
Choose either A or B for your Select a Study Assignment and the Analysis 1 and Analysis 2 Assignment:
- Effect of canine play interventions as a stress reduction strategy in college students, by Cheryl Delgado, Margaret Toukonen, and Corinne Wheeler.This article is published in Nurse Educator, Volume 43, Number 3, 2018.doi: 10.1097/NNE.0000000000000451
- Effects of large financial incentives for long-term smoking cessation. A Randomized Trial, by Jean-FranÃ§ois Etter and Felicia Schmid. This article is published in the Journal of the American College of Cardiology, Volume 68, Number 8, 2016.doi: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jacc.2016.04.066
You will not receive credit if you do not follow the instructions for choosing your article or completing the assignment.
For this assignment, please use the research study that you selected from the two that were provided and following each of the steps below
Write a 250-300 word paper detailing fully:
- WHY is this study interesting to you?
- WHAT experiment is taking place in this study? In other words, what intervention is being applied and withheld and what variable is being measured for change (outcome or dependent variable)?
- WRITE an APA formatted reference citation for your study at the end of your paper. Be sure to include citations in your paper as appropriate.