Geography of Norway | assignmentcollections.com
Provide an assessment of your assigned country (there is a list of countries to choose from). Since you are a geographer, your survey will focus on the geographic characteristics of your country. You will be assigned a country and address the following questions about your country. You may present this information in any format you choose (for instance, bulleted list, table, narrative, etc.). Grading will be based as much on effort and completeness as on absolute accuracy. Points that should be covered:
- On what continent is your country?
- What is the total land area of your country?
- What are the major water features, including lakes, rivers, and oceans?
- Which of the four major landform types (mountains, plains, hills, plateaus) are present?
- What climate types (Koppen) are present in your country?
- What biomes/bioregions can be found in your country?
- What is the predominant soil type(s)?
- Does your country suffer from any natural hazards (e.g., earthquakes, cyclones/hurricanes, etc.)?
- Does your country have any areas vulnerable to sea level rise?
- What is your country’s population? Describe your country’s population growth.
- How long might a citizen in your country expect to live?
- What are the major religions and language families in your country?
- What is the capital of your country and what is its absolute location?
- What major cities (over 1 million in population) are in your country?
- What are the names of the neighboring countries?
- What type of political system is operating in your country?
- Since 1800, has your country been governed as a colony or dependency by another country? If so, what was the colonial power?
- Is your country a member of an economic alliance? If so, which one?
- What are the predominant economic activities of your country?
- What natural resources does your country possess?
- Does your country have a problem with its food supply or water supply?
- Describe your country’s economic status using GNP or another measurement.
- What is your country’s HDI?
Provide a map of your country and highlight (for example: you can draw on the image digitally, use multiple images or provide captions) some key features (you choose the features that you think are significant: mountains, rivers, cities, etc.).
Online encyclopedias (e.g., Wikipedia, Britannica, etc.) should not be used as sources. Your textbook and atlas are great sources. Another good source is the CIA World Factbook (https://www.cia.gov/library/publications/the-world-factbook/ (Links to an external site.)). You should provide proper attribution for all the sources that you use and for every piece of information. Use any format (e.g., MLA, APA, etc.) but stick with it. A footnote or numbered style may be helpful since you will probably have multiple citations for sources. (Example: within the body of the paper “U.S. population: 321,395,000 (1)” and at the end “Sources: (1) United States Census Bureau. www.census.gov (Links to an external site.). Retrieved…”)
If you have questions, ask!
The post Geography of Norway appeared first on My Assignment Geek.