globalism vrs globalization
Prior to beginning work on this assignment, read the A Model of Global Citizenship: Antecedents and Outcomes article and watch the Globalization at a Crossroads video. Go to the Ashford University Library and locate one additional source on global citizenship that will help support your viewpoint, or you may choose one of the following articles found in the Week 1 Required Resources:
- From Globalism to Globalization: The Politics of Resistance
- Globalization, Globalism and Cosmopolitanism as an Educational Ideal
- Transnationalism and Anti-Globalism
Reflect: Please take some time to reflect on how the concept of global citizenship has shaped your identity, and think about how being a global citizen has made you a better person in your community.
Write: Use the Week 1 Example Assignment Guide when addressing the following prompts:
- Describe and explain a clear distinction between â€œglobalismâ€ and â€œglobalizationâ€ after viewing the video and reading the article.
- Describe how being a global citizen in the world of advanced technology can be beneficial to your success in meeting your personal, academic, and professional goals.
- Explain why there has been disagreement between theorists about the definition of global citizenship and develop your own definition of global citizenship after reading the article by Reysen and Katzarska-Miller.
- Choose two of the six outcomes of global citizenship from the article (i.e., intergroup empathy, valuing diversity, social justice, environmental sustainability, intergroup helping, and the level of responsibility to act for the betterment of this world).
- Explain why those two outcomes are the most important in becoming a global citizen compared to the others.
- Describe at least two personal examples or events in your life that illustrate the development of global citizenship based on the two outcomes you chose.
- Identify two specific general education courses.
- Explain how each course influenced you to become a global citizen.
The Importance of Becoming a Global Citizen
- Must be 750