Business Finance Assignment Collections – assignmentcollections.com
WEEK FIVE: Applied Ethics: Talent Management, Business Disciplines
Chapter 7: Ethics and the Management of Talent; Review Case 7.2, 7.3
Chapter 8: Accounting and Finance; Review Case 8.2, 8.3
Assignment – Be prepared to answer these questions:
- What types of conflicts occur in Organizations regarding the management of people
- Should managers really care that their employees need a purpose that provides meaning for their work and their life?
- Do Pollard’s words carry more weight because he has “walked the talk?”
- In what ways does the Judeo-Christian theological imagination provide insights about creating organizations in which people can flourish?
- How does Erisman suggest that managing with technology has affected how we work? Through what five layers must a manager and employee behavior and production?
- If in which role has Cheryl Broetje had the most impact: the role of business owner, or the role of founder of nonprofit agencies? Is there a difference between the two roles? Should there be?
- What are the concerns that the authors voice regarding executive pay, and what should Christians make of all this?
- Name some of the ethical failures that occurred during the recent financial crisis.
- What is the auditor’s role in the accounting relationship, and what are some of the interpretive acts accountants make in the drawing up accounts?
- What are the two sorts of conflicts faced by accountants?
- What failures incorporate financial reporting does Staubus say have received attention, and which have not received as much attention?
- What service has the auditing process not been designed to provide, which may lead to ethical compromise?
- According to Terrill, what happens when we divorce economics from moral imperatives?
- What is required for investment banking to function as it was intended?