Business Finance Assignment Collections – assignmentcollections.com
The learning outcome for this unit involves the process of developing an information system (IS) for an organization.
There are many factors involved in this process, including core activities and the methodologies for managing the
process. Project management plays a part as well. Additionally, IS development does not happen in a silo; there is also
the business side to consider as part of the process. All of these considerations are brought together and addressed in
For this assignment, you will need to research two articles concerning information
systems development and project management. Drawing on these two articles, your textbook, and other sources, write an
essay that addresses the following:
1. Provide a well-formulated thesis statement in your introduction paragraph.
2. Explain how a business user could be involved in the core activities of building an information system.
3. Analyze how software development methodologies (such as agile development) can work in tandem with project
management for the benefit of both information systems development projects and organizations.
4. Evaluate how project managers and/or IT managers can ensure that information system development projects are
in alignment with business strategies and goals.
5. Summarize your findings in a five-page paper using proper APA formatting.
Your response must be at least five pages in length, not including the title and references pages, and in APA format. You
are required to use the two outside articles. All sources used, including the textbook, must be referenced; paraphrased
and quoted material must have accompanying APA citations.