Article Research Papers and Discussion: This is a graduate course and students will be expected to research and write papers summarizing in their own words what they have found on current topics from the weekly readings. Research is a theoretical review and application of a topic to a specific industry or field.
The research must be conducted using peer-reviewed trade or academic journals. While Blogs, Wikipedia, encyclopedias, textbooks, popular magazines, newspaper articles, online websites, etc. are helpful for providing background information, these resources are NOTsuitable resources for this research assignment.
i.Choose a research topic from the chapter readings or from the weekly list provided by your professor (See list of topics below).
ii.Research/find a minimum at least two (2), preferably three (3) different peer-reviewed articles on your topic from the University of the Cumberlands Library online business database. The article(s) must be current/published within the last five (5) years.
iii.Write a four (4) page double spaced paper in APA format discussing the findings on your specific topic in your own words. Note – paper length does not include cover page or References page.
iv.Structure your paper as follows:
b.Overview describing the importance of the research topic in your own words
c.Purpose of Research of the article in your own words
d.Review of the Literature summarized in your own words
e.Conclusion in your own words
v.An example paper has been provided for students (attached to email along with this document). Please review this paper for proper structure and APA formatting.
vi.Attach your paper to the Discussion board by the due date (80 points).
vii.Read and respond to at least four (4) other student postings by the Sunday due date (20 points).
- Content & Structure (40 points): All of the requested components are completed as assigned; content is on topic and related to managerial accounting, critical thinking is clearly demonstrated (no direct quotes â€“ a short definition is allowed); scholarly research is demonstrated; topics and concepts gained from the assigned reading and/or from research is evident.
- APA Formatting (15 points): Cover page, headings, in-text citations, page citations (page number citations required for specific information such as dates, years, list of items from article, names, numbers, statistics, and other specific information), and references are properly formatted.
- Articles (15 points): Articles used are current (published within last five (5) years) and are from peer-reviewed journal article publications. Web pages are unacceptable.
- Effective Communication (10 points): Communication is clear, concise, and well presented; scholarly writing is demonstrated; grammar, sentence structure, writing in third person, and word choice is used correctly.
- Response to Other Students (20 points): Substantive responses provided to a minimum of four (4) other students. Responses must discuss the content of the other studentâ€™s paper and provide comments on the topic; responses must be one (1) to two (2) paragraphs long with a minimum of three sentences per paragraph.
- Please Note: Plagiarism will not be tolerated. The paper must be written in your own words.
Article Research Paper and Discussion â€“ List of research topics.
- JIT: Just-In-Time production systems
- TQM: Total Quality Management
- Six Sigma
- Lean Production