MILH422 American Military Peacekeeping Operation in Kashmir Reflection paper | assignmentcollections.com
Week 8 Final Assignment – In Week 8, you will present a short reflection paper on an ongoing peace operation. The paper will be no more than 4 pages and will identify the important issues and how they compare to other operations you have studied this term. There should be at least 4 sources with one of them peer-reviewed to show the conceptual basis of the problem.
Topic: Read this story on peacekeeping operations in Kashmir.
The author of the article compares the peacekeeping operation in Kashmir to the operation in South Sudan. Why? South Sudan declared its independence in 2011 yet Kashmir has not – and the peacekeeping operation in Kashmir is much older (1949).
Historians compose essays driven by a thesis statement. In a question like this, you will need to do some preliminary research in order to create a thesis statement.
Here’s the process:
1. Explain what the Kashmir conflict is all about. It is much older. Why is it so difficult? Why is the PKO still there?
2. How is the conflict in South Sudan similar? What additional support did South Sudan receive when it declared its independence in 2011? How is that different from Kashmir’s experience?
3. Then, given the history of both Kashmir and South Sudan, what conclusions can you draw about the prospects for success of peacekeeping operations in newly-autonomous regions of larger states? In other words, what features of peacekeeping operations provide a positive force for independence and autonomy – and what features are obvious drawbacks, sometimes leading to failure?
4. Once you answer a few specific questions about the two conflicts, then try to answer the question asked by building a thesis statement using the word “although” at the beginning of your first paragraph. If you include three-four “reasons why,” then it’s relatively easy to build the essay. Create a main point sentence for each of your reasons – each main point getting its own paragraph with lots of evidence to support it (from the peer-reviewed articles), analysis, and conclusions or transitions to the next point.
5. Don’t forget to use subheadings to highlight the argumentation. Introduction, main point 1, main point 2, etc., conclusion – but give each of those sections a catchy or explanatory title.
[Click here to read the rubric associated with this assignment.]
The post MILH422 American Military Peacekeeping Operation in Kashmir Reflection paper appeared first on My Assignment Geek.