Business Finance Assignment Collections – assignmentcollections.com
After reading the required background material and finding at least two other resources on your own, write a 5- to 7-page paper discussing the topic:
Qualitative vs. Quantitative Research
In your paper, you should answer the following questions using your own evaluation and critical thinking.
- Compare and contrast qualitative and quantitative research in business research.
- Discuss three examples of quantitative data sets used in business research.
- Evaluate three examples of quantitative data collection tools and data analysis tools used in business research.
- Evaluate three examples of qualitative data collection tools and data analysis tools used in business research.
- Explain the pros and cons of mixed methods.
- Discuss in more detail the characteristics of qualitative research.
Length: The written component of this assignment should be 5-7 pages long (double-spaced) without counting the cover page and reference page.
Creswell, J. W. (1999). Mixed-method research-chapter 18:Introduction and application. (pp. 455-472) Academic Press. doi:10.1016/B978-012174698-8/50045-X.
Principles of Sociological Inquiry: Qualitative and Quantitative Methods. (v.10). Chapter 5: 5.2 Qualitative or Quantitative? Some Specific Considerations. Available at https://saylordotorg.github.io/text_principles-of-…
Bhattacherjee, A. (2012). Introduction to Research, Social Science Research: Principles, Methods, and Practices (pp. 1-7). USF Tampa Bay Open Access Textbooks Collection. Book 3. http://scholarcommons.usf.edu/oa_textbooks/3.
Susan, A. M., Gibson, C. B., & Mohrman,Allan M., Jr. (2001). Doing research that is useful to practice: A model and empirical exploration. Academy of Management Journal, 44(2), 357-375. Retrieved from ProQuest.