Condense information from Assignments 1, 2, 3, and additional criteria in order to develop a creative and appealing PowerPoint presentation.
Create a ten to twelve (10-12) slide presentation in which you:
- Create a title slide and references section (as indicated in the format requirements below).
- Narrate each slide, using a microphone, indicating what you would say if you were actuallypresenting in front of an audience. Note: If you do not have access to a microphone, then you should provide detailed speaker notes with your presentation.
- Briefly summarize your idea of a public leader. Cite experiences and research to support your assertions.
- Discuss the specific leadership theories and styles that support your definition of a public leader. Provide a rationale to support your answer.
- Discuss gender diversity in the workplace, including the increasing numbers of women in the workplace and leadership positions. What are the main barriers to womenâ€™s political participation and expression? What is the role of government and political parties to address this gap?
- Predict three (3) public leadership trends that you believe will be particularly significant within the next decade.
- What is the most important idea that you have learned in the course? How can you apply what you have learned? What will you do with whom, where, when, and, most important, why?
- Include at least four (4) peer-reviewed references (no more than 1 year old) from material outside the textbook. Note: Appropriate peer-reviewed references include scholarly articles and government websites. Wikipedia, other wikis, and any other websites ending in anything other than â€œ.govâ€ do not qualify as academic resources.
Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
- Include a title slide containing the title of the assignment, the studentâ€™s name, the professorâ€™s name, the course title, and the date. The title slide is not included in the required slide length.
- Include a reference slide containing the sources that were consulted while completing research on the selected topic, listed in APA format. The reference slide is not included in the required slide length.
- Format the PowerPoint presentation with headings on each slide, two to three (2-3) colors, two to three (2-3) fonts, and two to three (2-3) relevant graphics (photographs, graphs, clip art, etc.), ensuring that the presentation is visually appealing and readable from eighteen (18) feet away. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.
- Slides should abbreviate the information in no more than five or six (5 or 6) bullet points each.
- Slide titles should be based on the criteria being summarized (e.g., â€œFour Key Attributes,â€ â€œResponses to Budget Issues,â€ etc.).
The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment are:
- Evaluate the theories and models of public leadership.
- Differentiate among the styles of public leadership.
- Determine the role of public leadership in influencing the operations of public organizations and decisions of public administrators.
- Analyze how public leadership influences the various levels of public administration and public service.
- Examine the personal aspects of public leadership and professional ethics.
- Differentiate between leadership roles in a public administrative environment versus a private administrative role.
- Use technology and information resources to research issues in public leadership and conflict resolution.
- Write clearly and concisely about issues in public leadership and conflict resolution using proper writing mechanics.