Purpose: The primary goal of this Assignment is to evaluate how communication of foreign policy interests can be influenced by different theoretical perspectives. Your task is to discuss and assess how effective are realist, liberal, and identity theoretical perspectives at communicating U.S. national interests.
Prepare: Read the Conclusion in the course text and the 2015 U.S. National Security Strategy.
Reflect: Effective communication is essential in conducting productive foreign affairs. One of the most important forms of communication is letting other states know national security interests. States work diligently to ensure that other states are aware of their national security interests. Conflict can sometimes erupt when national security interests are not received, are misunderstood, or are poorly communicated. As we discussed in Week Two, history is filled with examples of when states have not received, have misunderstood, or have poorly communicated vital national security interests with catastrophic results. Embedded in the challenges of effective communication is the ability to comprehend the various international relations theoretical perspectives that imbue communications of security goals, objectives, and interests. Again, incomplete awareness and understanding of this form of global political communication can lead to catastrophic results.
Write: In your assignment, complete the following:
- Describe one statement in the National Security Strategy (NSS) that is based on the realist perspective.
- Describe one statement in the National Security Strategy (NSS) that is based on the liberal perspective.
- Describe one statement in the National Security Strategy (NSS) that is based on the identity perspective.
- Explain why each statement is an example of the specified theoretical perspective.
- Assess which theoretical perspective is the most effective at communicating U.S. national security interests.
The Week Five Assignment:
- Must be at least three pages (not including title and reference pages) and formatted according to APA style.
- Must include a separate title page with the following:
- Title of paper
- Studentâ€™s name
- Course name and number
- Instructorâ€™s name
- Date submitted
- Must use at least three appropriate sources:
- These could include the article, the course text, and any of the required or recommended resources for this week.
- You can also include additional resources found on the Ashford University Library website. The Scholarly, Peer Reviewed, and Other Credible Sources table offers additional guidance on appropriate source types.
- Must document all sources in APA style as outlined in the In-Text Citation Guide.
- Must include an introductory paragraph with a succinct thesis statement.
- Must include a conclusion that summarizes the main points and restates the thesis.
- Must include a separate references page that is formatted according to APA style.
Do you need a similar assignment done for you from scratch? We have qualified writers to help you. We assure you an A+ quality paper that is free from plagiarism. Order now for an Amazing Discount!
Use Discount Code “Newclient” for a 15% Discount!
NB: We do not resell papers. Upon ordering, we do an original paper exclusively for you.