As you read over chapter 3, we were presented with concepts, research, and trends regarding gender: roles, behaviors and expectations and how those are drastically changing and quickly…Take a moment to reflect on your views related to gender roles.
You will need to choose and review three of the resources provided below in addition to Chapter 3 from our text:
- CHOOSE ONLY ONE of the CBS articles: A)https://www.cbsnews.com/news/as-gender-roles-change-are-men-out-of-step/OR B) https://www.cbsnews.com/news/the-future-of-men-jac…
- Time are Changing (you are not expected to read it all but please review it as best as you can–the information is amazing to consider) Please note: this is the only available study of its kind but new studies are coming and being done).
WHAT YOUR PAPER SHOULD ADDRESS:
After watching and reviewing three of these resources and chapter 3 in our text, please consider and address these questions by reflecting and sharing your perspective and experiences/observations as applicable:
- Based on what you read and watched from your chosen articles and the chapter, what changes are taking place concerning gender roles? What stood out to you regarding the resources and the information and trends they presented? Be sure to address/discuss ALL the resources you chose (not just one point from each) to support the changes taking place and your perspective regarding them; so you should have a total of 4 sources discussed and referenced in your paper.
- From our reading of chapter 3 and the resources you reviewed, what do you consider to be one of as the greatest factor(s) driving the changes in gender roles in America? Remember to use the resources to support and explain your conclusions.
- How do you and your family dynamics concerning gender roles (e.g., how they were modeled and/or taught) relate to any of the findings from the resources?
- What kind of influence (i.e. positive, negative, or neutral) do you see these changes discussed in chapter 3 and the articles having on the American Family?
- What other changes, if any, based on what you learned from the chapter and resources would you like to see regarding gender roles in America and for your own future?
You will need to submit your assignment as an attachment below. Please be sure you have followed the instructions concerning reflecting over gender roles in America; as well as meet the expectations for written work (see below as well as the syllabus).
Your paper must NOT be in “Question and Answer” form but should be written in essay form and be presented as a cohesive body of work that flows and all points being connected with one another.
Please refer to the grading rubric provided below. I have found that it takes students approx. 3-4 pages to complete these reflect and react assignments though it varies by student. As long as your work satisfies the criteria, length is not an issue.
BE SURE TO INCLUDE A REFERENCE PAGE AT THE END AND CITATIONS IN APA FORMATTING (see Module 0 for formatting rules).
Here is the Grading Rubric and Student Feedback form I will be using when grading your work based on the rubric for this assignment: