Rural and Migrant Health
1-Identify factors that place farmers and migrant workers at risk for illness and accidents.
2-Describe the characteristics of rural community health nursing practice.
READ â€“ Textbook (pp. 443-467)
- disparities, p. 445
- frontier, p. 446
- metropolitan, p. 446
- migrant farm workers, p. 457
- pesticide, p. 456
- rural, p. 446
- seasonal workers, p. 457
- urban, p. 445
Populations Affected by Mental Illness
1-Define concept of community mental health.
2-Describe biological, social, and political factors associated with mental illness.
3-Describe some of the most common types of mental illnesses encountered in community settings.
4-Define suicide and recognize suicide warning signs.
5-Describe different types of evidence-based practice treatment for mental disorders, including use of psychotropic medication management, community case management, and crisis intervention.
READ â€“ Textbook (pp. 468-487)
- 2008 Mental Health Parity and Addiction Equity Act, p. 471
- Affordable Care Act, p. 471
- agoraphobia, p. 478
- anxiety disorders, p. 477
- anorexia nervosa, p. 479
- anosognosia, p. 476
- attention deficit hyperactivity disorder, p. 479
- bipolar disorder, p. 477
- bulimia nervosa, p. 478
- Community Mental Health Centers Act (CMHCA), p. 471
- Crisis Intervention Team (CIT), p. 485
- deinstitutionalization, p. 472
- depression, p. 476
- generalized anxiety disorder (GAD), p. 477
- major depression, p. 478
- mental health, p. 471
- mental illness, p. 471
- obsessive-compulsive disorder (OCD), p. 478
- panic disorder, p. 477
- phobia, p. 478
- post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD), p. 478
- psychotropic/psychotherapeutic medications, p. 481
- schizophrenia, p. 476
- severe emotional disorder (SED), p. 476
- severe mental illness (SMI), p. 471
- stigma, p. 474
The due date for posting to this forum was Monday, 12 August 2019, 9:00 AM.