Assignment 2: Self-Assessment of Health Assessment Proficiency
In the past two modules, there was a review of basic head to toe physical assessment. As a practicing nurse, you may or may not be performing comprehensive health assessments daily, rather focused ones. Therefore, it is prudent to review each area and rate your current proficiency level with each aspect of the assessment. This will assist you to be more fully prepared for the assignment in Module 7of this course, where you will be teaching a partner to perform a comprehensive health assessment including a focused health history. In this module, you will have the opportunity to make improvements in the areas in which you feel less confident. In addition, this is a wonderful time to review adult learning principles that will assist you in teaching a partner to perform an assessment.
For each area of assessment, rate your confidence level:
I feel confident in my level of proficiency in this area.
|Assessment Area||Strongly Agree||Agree||Disagree||Strongly Disagree||Comments|
|Putting it all together|
Based on the above self-assessment,
- Summarize the self-assessment, identifying strengths as well as areas of improvement.
- Analyze 2 areas which you could improve.
- Develop 4â€“6 strategies you will employ to assist in increasing your level of proficiency.
- List 3â€“4 adult learning principles you will employ when you teach assessment to a partner in Module 7.
- By the due date assigned, post your completed paper to the Submissions Area.
- Support your findings with examples and scholarly references. Apply APA standards to citation of sources.
- Use the following file naming convention: AU_NUR402_M4_A2_LastName_FirstInitial.doc
Assignment 2 Grading CriteriaMaximum Points Summarized the self-assessment identifying strengths as well as areas to improve.12 Analyzed 2 areas upon which you could improve.12 Developed 4â€“6 strategies to employ to assist in increasing the level of proficiency.12 Listed 3â€“4 adult learning principles to employ when teaching assessment to a partner in Module 7.12 Wrote in a clear, concise, and organized manner; demonstrated ethical scholarship in appropriate and accurate representation and attribution of sources (i.e., APA); and displayed accurate spelling, grammar and punctuation. Used scholarly sources aligned with specified assignment requirements.12 Total: 60