Sir Patrick Spence Bonny Barbara Allen Poem Analysis | assignmentcollections.com
PLEASE FOLLOW DIRECTIONS. YOU ARE TO CRITIQUE EACH POETRY ENTRY BELOW AND FOLLOW ALL DIRECTIONS BELOW IN DOING SO. THE 1ST AND LAST POEMS ARE ATTACHED BELOW
For each poetry entry, you are required to write at least 60-80 words
1. “Sir Patrick Spence” Critique (ATTACHED)
2. “Bonny Barbara Allen” Critique
3. “A Woman Mourned by Daughters” Critique
4. “Those Winter Sundays” Critique
5. “Digging” Critique
6. “Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night” Critique
7. “The Courage that my mother had” Critique
8. “Suicide Note” Critique
9. “To the Virgins, to Make Much of Time” Critique
10. “To His Coy Mistress” Critique
11. “The Unknown Citizen” Critique
12. “Ballad of Birmingham” Critique
13. “The Faithful Wife” Critique
14. “For Student Strikers” Critique
15. “Dog Fight” Critique
16. “To an Athlete Dying Young”Critique
17. “Ode on a Grecian Urn” Critique
18. “My Mistress’ Eyes” Critique
19. “How Do I Love Thee” Critique
20. “The Author to Her Book” Critique
21. “Because I Could Not Stop for Death” Critique
22. “Death Be Not Proud” Critique
23. “Go Lovely Rose” Critique (ATTACHED)
EXAMPLES BELOW PLEASE FOLLOW journal should be typed according to MLA
Class Name and Number
Day Month Year
Table of Contents
1. “Name of Entry” Critique
2. “Name of Entry” Critique
3. “Name of Entry” Critique
4. “Name of Entry” Critique
5. “Name of Entry” Critique
1. ”Name of Entry” Critique
Follow instructions and include all information required until you have reached at least the minimum word requirements. If you do not reach the minimum required, you will not receive credit for this entry. When you have finished, include the work count.
2. “Name of Entry” Critique
Continue with next entry until required length. Then include word count.
Word Count: (Sample)
Possible Critique Considerations (for journal entries)
1. What is the theme (main idea) of the poem, drama, or short story?
2. How does the author develop the theme?
3. Did the author have a political, social, or religious purpose in this writing? What? Explain.
4. Do you agree or disagree with the writer concerning the point he or she was trying to make? Explain why or why not.
5. Do you agree or disagree with the values the writer seems to support in making her or his point? Explain why or why not.
6. If you were rewriting this poem, drama, or short story what you change or add to make the work better or easier to understand?
7. How did the language or culture of the influence or perhaps hinder your understanding of the work?
8. Did you learn anything about the culture, moods, or attitudes of the time the work was written?
The post Sir Patrick Spence Bonny Barbara Allen Poem Analysis appeared first on My Assignment Geek.