Things to consider:
Don’t Over Think the Assignment: Break the Questions down and organize your thoughts by outlining the topics to cover, the relevant concepts, cases, examples, etc. Build an analysis weighing the information assessed to derive at the conclusion(s) provided.
Write a four to six (4-6) page report in which you:
- Analyze the benefits and costs of voluntarily prohibiting three to five (3-5) federal forms of discrimination prohibited under the federal anti-discrimination laws.
â€¢ Disparate treatmentâ€”form of discrimination in which members of different races/sexes are treated
â€¢ Disparate impactâ€”test or screening device that affects one group more than another
â€¢ Pattern or practice of discriminationâ€”theory for establishing discrimination that compares population percentages with workplace percentages
â€¢ Sexual harassmentâ€”form of discrimination that involves a quid pro quo related to sexual favors or an atmosphere of harassment
- Discuss the benefits and costs of voluntarily prohibiting a form of discrimination not covered by any of the federal anti-discrimination laws.
- State the benefits and costs of voluntarily adopting hiring and promotion practices designed to diversify the workforce.
- Evaluate the ethical considerationsof not voluntarily prohibiting the forms of discrimination laws examined in the first part of your report. Next, determine the ethical considerations of not voluntarily adopting hiring and promotion practices to diversify the workforce.
[In other words Evaluate Ethical Considerations to #1 above, and in #2 above]
- Provide a final recommendation to this retailer on whether or not they should ensure all, part, or none of the employee protections examined in the first part of your report. Your recommendation should also include whether or not the retailer should adopt hiring and promotion practices designed to diversify the workplace. Be sure to include a rationale for your recommendation along with an explanation for any rejections of contrary positions or other pertinent considerations.
[In other words should Retailer ensure all, part, or none of the employee protections examined in #1 above, and in #2 above]