Business Finance Assignment Collections – assignmentcollections.com
For this assessment, you will write a 3–4-page evaluation of how a specific organization measures HCM, as well as what it can do to improve its measurements.
HCM Workforce Management
The following resources provide information about workforce management.
- Workforce Management and Workforce Development Practices.
- Burton-Jones, A., Spender, J. (2011). The oxford handbook of human capital. Oxford, England: Oxford University Press.
- Disselkamp, L. (2013). Workforce asset management book of knowledge. New York, NY: John Wiley & Sons.
- Fitz-Enz, J. (2010). New HR analytics: Predicting the economic value of your company’s human capital investments. New York, NY: Amacom.
HCM Workforce Management Metrics
The following resources provide information about workforce management strategies.
- Baron, A., & Armstrong, M. (2007). Human capital management. London, England: Kogan Page.
- Gates, S., & Langevin, P. (2010). Human capital measures, strategy, and performance: HR managers’ perceptions. Accounting, Auditing & Accountability Journal, 23(1), 111–132.
- Ward, A. (2008). Ac-count-able HR. Human Resource Management International Digest, 16(3), 11–13.
- Mayo, A. (2012). Human resources or human capital? New York, NY: Routledge. ISBN:9781409422853. Available from a vendor of your choice.
- Pease, G. (2015). Optimize your greatest asset – Your people. Hoboken, NJ: Wiley. ISBN: 9781119004387. Available from the bookstore.
- Phillips, J. (2014). Making human capital analytics work: Measuring the ROI of human capital processes and outcomes. New York, NY: McGraw Hill Professional. ISBN: 9780071840200. Available from a vendor of your choice.
HCM Key Performance Indicators (KPI)
The following resources provide information about HCM KPIs.
- Gabcanová, I. (2012). Human resources key performance indicators. Journal of Competitiveness, 4(1), 117–128.
- Lockwood, N. R. (2006). Maximizing human capital: Demonstrating HR value with key performance indicators. HRMagazine, 51(9), S1–S11.
- Samad, S. (2013). Assessing the contribution of human capital on business performance. International Journal of Trade, Economics, and Finance, 4(6), 393–397.
The following resources provide information about trends in measuring HCM performance.
- Deloitte University Press. (2014). Global human capital trends 2014. Retrieved from http://dupress.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/04/Glob…
- Lombardi, M., & Laurano, M. (2013). Human capital management trends 2013: It’s a brave new world. Retrieved from http://www.aberdeen.com/assets/report-preview/8101-RA-human-capital- management.pdf
Evaluate how an organization measures HCM and what it can do to improve the measurements. To do so, complete the following:
- Select an organization with which you are very familiar. You may choose your current organization, one you have worked for in the past, or a different one.
- Create the business context by providing a brief overview of the business goals of the organization.
- Identify at least one workforce management practice and one workforce development practice employed in the organization. You may choose the practices from the Workforce Management and Workforce Development Practices document linked in the Resources under the Capella Resources heading or select your own.
- Describe how the two practices support the organization’s goals.
- Identify how the organization measures alignment of the two practices to the organizational goals, and what KPIs are used.
- Evaluate the organization’s measurement strategy. Does it measure what the organization should be measuring? Why or why not?
- Recommend at least one way to improve the measurement strategy, based on your evaluation. Support your recommendation with evidence from credible recent sources.
Note: If your organization does not currently measure workforce management or workforce development practices, choose one of each types of practice from the Workforce Management and Workforce Development Practices document, and provide a rationale for how the organization would benefit from measuring these two practices and the appropriate measurements.
Your evaluation should follow a logical structure and be evidence based. Follow the MEAL Plan for Academic Papers (linked in the left-hand navigation menu) to help guide the organization of your response.
Be sure your evaluation adheres to the following guidelines:
- Written communication: Written communication should be free of errors that detract from the overall message
- APA formatting: Resources and in-text citations should be formatted according to APA sixth edition style and formatting.
- Length: The evaluation should be 3–4 pages in content length. Include a separate title page and a separate references page.
- Font and font size: Times New Roman, 12 point, double-spaced. Use Microsoft Word.
- Number of resources: Use a minimum of two scholarly resources.