Business Finance Assignment Collections – assignmentcollections.com
Assignment: Analyzing Position Descriptions
Imagine you have enrolled in a course where you found the content to be difficult, confusing, and time consuming. You are having difficulty understanding several of the concepts, and you need this course as part of your program, so you decide to hire a tutor. How would you go about finding a qualified tutor at a reasonable rate of pay? You are most likely to recruit qualified candidates by creating a position description and posting it in a visible location such as your local newspaper or an online job board. Your position description could include information about the type and level of tutoring you would require, the hours you would need to meet with the tutor, the wage you would pay, and pertinent contact information.
Position descriptions for job openings in healthcare organizations are similar to this hypothetical tutoring position description. A good position description includes essential components, and it must be written with care and clarity to attract qualified candidates. In this Assignment, you will analyze the strengths and weaknesses of position descriptions for positions in the healthcare field.
To prepare for this Assignment:
- Read Chapter 6 of the Fallon and McConnell textbook. Focus on Table 6-1 and consider how the components listed in the table relate to the recruitment of qualified candidates.
- Select two job descriptions in the field of healthcare to focus on for this Assignment. You may find them published on the website of a local healthcare organization or posted on Indeed.com or Monster.com. (Note: Choose job descriptions that are different from the one you chose in the Discussion.)
- Consider the job descriptions’ strengths and weaknesses based on the information in Chapter 6
To complete this Assignment, write a 2- to 3-page paper in which you analyze the strengths and weaknesses of position descriptions. This Assignment will have two parts:
- Part 1: Importance of Creating Effective Position Description
- Explain the importance of creating effective position descriptions.
- Describe at least three significant uses of a position description.
- Explain the importance of developing a position analysis prior to developing a position description.
- Identify the best people to contact to complete a position analysis and the information you could garner from them.
- Part 2: Analyze Position Descriptions
- Include the position title and text for each of the two position descriptions you selected.
- Identify the strengths of each position description and discern how those strengths contribute to the overall effectiveness of the description.
- Identify what may be wrong with the descriptions and what information may be missing.
- Recommend at least one way to improve each of the position descriptions.
Support your work with specific citations from this week’s Learning Resources and additional scholarly sources as appropriate. Refer to the Essential Guide to APA