The Zombie Apocalypse Scholarship is designed specifically for people with a knack for writing. They were created to tackle the hypothetical scenario of an impending apocalypse caused by zombies who have taken over the world, and all look grim. Readers of this scholarship are expected to write about how they would deal with the situation in detail: what equipment they would pack, places they would go, rules (if any) they would abide by, etc. This will also be presented to other curious minds who wish to delve into this topic in depth.
What is the Zombie Apocalypse Scholarship?
The Zombie Apocalypse Scholarship is a special award given to a young person who writes the best essay on how they would have survived the zombie apocalypse. The essay is meant to be prepared by imaginative students who can see their post-apocalyptic world in which they will escape with the walking dead.
- As a result, the studies will need to be exceedingly inventive to determine how the narrator will devise a means of survival in the event of a zombie apocalypse. The location of this scholarship could be a college campus rather than a school.
- A person must be at least 13 years old to be eligible to be chosen for the scholarship. Additionally, the student must be a legal resident of the United States of America.
- In addition, it is necessary for the candidate seeking this scholarship to be enrolled in post-secondary education. People who plan to enroll before Fall 2022 may occasionally be included in the research. The inclusion criteria were established to help find the best candidates for an imaginative story.
How to Apply for a Scholarship?
There are several steps involved in the Zombie Apocalypse Scholarship application process. An applicant is required to apply as soon as possible. An internet portal is used for the application submission process. The applicant is required to include a brief response in the application that must be no more than 250 words.
Some of the questions that must be answered in the response include an image of the respondent’s high school or, in the case of a college student, an image of their campus under attack by zombies. One of their teachers, school employees, and even some of the applicant’s friends were all converted into the walking dead during the attack.
This is a horrifying issue, and people are constantly agitated in situations like this. However, the essay must be written in a unique style that shows how the candidate navigates the end of the world and escapes.
In the response, the applicant should describe where they will hide from zombies and some of the most important items they will carry to ensure their survival.
12 Tips on Writing Zombie Apocalypse Scholarship
Scholarships are a great way to pay for college and graduate school. But, how do you get one? Here are some tips on how to apply for scholarships:
- Write a compelling essay that stands out from the crowd. Make it unique by adding your personality to it and writing your own story. Do not just copy/paste anything from other sources, as the admission officers will catch this and reject your application immediately.
- Ensure all the information provided is accurate and up-to-date, whether your profile or financial situation; otherwise, they might reject your application even before sending it out for review!
- Send off applications early enough so there is ample time for processing, which may take anywhere between a few weeks to months, depending on the type of scholarship you are applying for.
- You may use the internet or any other source of information for research purposes. If possible, visit a library or search for books on zombies so that you can get more information about them and their behavior patterns too. Moreover, try looking up some articles on the same topic by checking out journals or even newspaper articles that can give you an insight into how people react during such situations and what they do when faced with such problems.
- Avoid using passive voice when you write about these topics. You should also avoid using complex sentences with multiple clauses unless necessary. Keep your sentences concise, with one main idea per sentence. In addition, try not to use jargon or technical terms when writing about these topics because they will make your writing inaccessible to most readers and thus make it harder for them to understand your message clearly.
- The first thing to do when writing on this topic is to conduct thorough research on the topic and make sure that you know what you are talking about. For example, if you are writing about how to survive a zombie apocalypse, then make sure you have studied everything about zombies and how they can be killed.
- Next, start by outlining what you want to write about in your essay. Once this has been done, write down all the facts you learned from your research into each point mentioned in your outline. Once this has been done, simply write your essay in paragraph form and ensure it is grammatically correct and free from spelling mistakes.
- Identify the cause of the zombie outbreak and how it started. This will help you create a storyline that will be very interesting to read by your audience. You should also include some historical facts about zombies so that they can be more convincing for your readers. You can also add some personal experiences when writing about zombies, which would help engage your reader more in your written content.
- Discuss how humanity will survive this great danger facing us all today due to these dead creatures who have risen from their graves to terrorize us all again
- Include a thesis statement at the beginning of your essay that clearly states what your topic is about (i.e., why zombies are essential to society). This statement should also be catchy so readers can remember it quickly after reading your paper. Make sure that it does not have too much information but enough for readers to understand what you’re trying to say about zombies.
- Stay away from clichéd topics such as “Zombie Apocalypse” or “Zombie Survival Guide” because they have already been used so many times. Instead, try writing about other aspects of zombies like their origin, how they infect humans, what makes them different from other monsters in fiction, etc.
- Ensure that your writing is clear and concise by using short sentences with no run-on penalties! Write in active voice only as it is more effective than passive voice when writing formal essays such as scholarship essays. Avoid slang and use simple words instead of complex words wherever possible!
What Makes A Good Scholarship Essay?
The answer to this question depends on the purpose of your essay. A good scholarship essay should be written so that it remains focused on the topic and is not swayed by other factors. The ideal scholarship essay will provide information about yourself, your background and interests, and the goals you wish to achieve. You should also ensure that you demonstrate your ability to write clearly and concisely, an essential skill for any student wishing to succeed in life.
- A straightforward thesis statement that is clearly stated at the beginning of the essay by using a hook sentence or quotation from a movie or book that relates to your topic
- An introduction with an attention grabber or hook that will get your readers interested in reading more; can be done by using quotes or statistics related to your topic. The introduction is the first paragraph of your essay. It should include an attention grabber, which is a statement that makes the reader want to continue reading your essay.
- Body paragraphs explain the main idea thoroughly with examples and facts that support your argument; each section should have five to seven sentences maximum.
- A good scholarship essay is unique. It has never been written before – no other essay says precisely what you have said in your essay, so make sure yours stands out from all of the other essays on the topic! You can do this by using different words or phrases (“I believe…” instead of “It is my opinion…”), personal examples from your life, or details about the event itself (who was there; what was happening). But don’t go overboard – you want your essay to sound conversational.
- Be short, but make an impact. A scholarship essay should be no longer than 500 words and never exceed 750 words. You don’t have time or room for unnecessary details. Your essay should also contain only relevant information that supports your main idea.
- Be well organized with an introduction, body paragraphs, and conclusion. Each paragraph should have its thesis statement, which supports your overall argument or central idea for the essay. Each paragraph should also contain topic sentences that explain what you’ll discuss in that paragraph (e.g., “I will discuss how . . .”).
- A conclusion paragraph that summarizes what was discussed in each body paragraph.
Things To Include In Your Scholarship Essay
They are written by a student who has researched their chosen topic of interest thoroughly for a long time and has developed enough knowledge about it. Students should be able to explain their ideas clearly and convincingly with facts, figures, statistics, and quotes from credible sources.
The essay must be written in a clear, active voice, not a passive voice, as it is more engaging for readers. The writer must avoid using “I,” “me,” “myself,” etc. Instead, they should use the word “we” or “us.” For example, instead of saying “I think,” write “We think.” This makes your essay sound more professional and confident than if you were writing in a passive voice.
You must choose the topic carefully and ensure that it interests you enough to write about it. You can choose something close to you or something that has happened in your life that you would like to share with others. You can also select a general topic and then narrow it down by writing on some aspect of that particular topic. For example, if you have chosen ‘music’ as your topic, you can write about how music affects your life or how music has changed since the beginning of time, etc.
Your writing style should be such that it immediately gets the reader’s attention, holds his interest, and makes him want to read more. This does not mean that the style should be too flamboyant or peppered with unnecessary information; instead, the reader should be able to get an idea about what is happening in your mind through words only and not through visuals or other means as well.
Why do you want this scholarship? What does it mean to you personally? How will it impact your life? How does it fit into your plans? What additional benefits does this award offer? Why do you deserve this scholarship over other applicants? What has shaped your personality and character traits into becoming a person who deserves this award? How will receiving this award/scholarship benefit you? How will it help you achieve your career goals?
Zombie Apocalypse Scholarship Format
Start by introducing yourself, and briefly describe the circumstances that led you to apply for the scholarship. This will allow the reader to connect with you and understand why they should read further.
Introduce your topic
Knowing what you’re writing about is essential before getting started is vital. You don’t want to write about one thing yet have a title that entirely promises something else! Once you know what you’re going to write about, use keywords from your research question as subheadings to organize your thoughts and make it easier for readers to follow along.
Discuss your research findings
In this section of your essay, discuss the findings from all four sources (your textbook, articles, books, and other resources). Use evidence from each source to support your claims and provide examples whenever possible. If possible, avoid using just one reference to support all of your claims (e.g., “According to my textbook…”) as this can come across as lazy or incomplete work on your part (especially if there are multiple sources that support each claim). Instead, try using numerous sources together instead of just one.
Thus, it is a fun and unique opportunity to learn extensive information about the zombie apocalypse. No matter your opinion and stance on the apocalypse, you cannot deny the extensive research involved in this scholarship. As such, anyone who is interested in learning about zombies should apply for this scholarship.