Prompt: Submit a synopsis of the Higher Education Opportunity Act of 2008 to develop a response plan for in your final project. Within your synopsis, conduct a review of the regulatory change with an aligning response plan that will assist Roger Williams University in accommodating the change. In this review, you should conduct a background analysis of the regulatory change that speaks to why the regulatory change was made, what it is proposed to accomplish, and the adult learning theory that supports the regulatory decision based on current and future learning implications. Your review must also address the major mechanics of the corresponding response plan to identify support objectives, communication policies, compliance strategies, and the impact on institutional change. In accordance with the final project instructions, research and identify the (tangible and intangible) resources that will be needed to gain and maintain compliance with the recent regulatory change. Based on your research results, begin to analyze the impact that implementation will have on your institution and its students.
- Analyze the basis for this regulatory decision and what the effect of the regulatory decision is on institutional operations.
- Why was the regulation made?
- What does this regulation accomplish?
- What implications does this regulation have for everyday operations of institutions?
- Analyze the impact of the regulatory decision on the institution with regard to it being out of compliance and having an underrepresented needfor the state of the institution in the present and future.
i. If the school does not respond to the regulation now, what are the implications for internal stakeholders, particularly those whorepresent the underrepresented need?