Instructions: This exercise requires you to apply the concepts and methods learned so far in the course. You are to write your responses in accordance with APA standards and cite a minimum of two (2) scholarly peer reviewed sources and at least one entire scripture verse.
Your paper submission should follow the below stated composition and formatting guidelines; and be composed unto a â€œWord Document.
- Title page with a â€œRunning head:â€ page number (top right), your name, course, date, and an appropriate title.
- Use double space, Times New Roman, and 12pt font.
- Upon citing works, add a separate reference page.
- These APA additions are NOT a part of the word count range of 1500-1800 words for the paper.
- Analysis of the output of a process has suggested that the variability is nonrandom on several occasions recently. However, each time an investigation has not revealed any assignable causes. What are some of the possible explanations for not finding any causes? What should the manager do?
- Many organizations use the same process capability standard for all their products or services (e.g., 1.33), but some companies use multiple standards: different standards for different products or services (e.g., 1.00, 1.20, 1.33, and 1.40). What reasons might there be for using a single measure, and what reasons might there be for using multiple standards?
- Give two examples of unethical behavior for each of these areas: inspection, process control, process capability. For each, name the relevant ethical principle (see Chapter 1).
- In repetitive operations, it is often possible to automatically check for quality and then reject parts that are unacceptable. In those situations, does that mean that control charts are not needed? Explain.
Operations ManagementMcGraw-Hill Education; 13thedition (February 15, 2017) by William J Stevensone-copyTextbook with Connect access code: ISBN13: 978-1259948206
Read: Stevenson, Chapters 11 &13