Business Finance Assignment Collections – assignmentcollections.com
The purpose of this assignment is to use data visualization tools to aggregate and depict data and to interpret the data visualization results.
For this assignment, you will use the “Claims 2” dataset. You will use Tableau to replicate the dashboard you created in the Topic 3 assignment. In addition, you will compare and contrast the Excel and Tableau software.
Create a dashboard describing the data by age group (e.g., 21-30 yrs, 31-40 yrs, 41-50 yrs, 51-60 yrs, and 61-70 yrs). The dashboard should include the graphs and charts listed in the locations described. The dashboard should be submitted as a Tableau file. A sample layout is provided in the resource, “Data Visualization With Tableau Screenshot: Preview of the Tableau Dashboard.”
- Top Left: Bar graph showing the average number of ER visits for each of the five age groups. Show the actual average values above each bar.
- Middle Left: Bar graph showing the average number of procedures for each of the five age groups. Show the actual average values above each bar.
- Bottom Left: Bar graph showing the average claim cost for each of the five age groups. Show the actual average values above each bar.
- Top Right: Pie chart showing the percent of the total sum of all claim costs for each of the five age groups. Show the actual percent values of each slice.
- Bottom Right: Line graph showing the percent of each age group that has one or more ER visits. Show the actual percent values of each group. To create this chart, first create a new calculated column, named “Has ER Visit,” that is equal to 1 when the patient has had one or more ER visits; otherwise 0. HINT: The average of a 0-1 column is a percent.
In 250 words, compare and contrast the use of Excel and Tableau in data visualization. Include specific discussion about the following in your summary.
- Software ease of use.
- Software visualization capabilities.
- Software limitations.
- Discussion of when each of these software programs is most appropriate for use.
APA format is not required, but solid academic writing is expected.
This assignment uses a grading rubric. Please review the rubric prior to beginning the assignment to become familiar with the expectations for successful completion.