1. Watch the two Zapposâ€™ videos
(FIRST ONE https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NJP_EbqQ-XA).
(SECOND ONE https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WiIeImBFRK4)
As stated in second paragraph of Section 2.3(Attachment) The Internal Environment: Corporate Culture â€œCulture is a pattern of shared values and assumptions about how things are done within the organization. This pattern is learned by members as they cope with external and internal problems and taught to new members as the correct way to perceive, think and feel.â€
After watching the videos, identify two visible levels of culture you can identify at Zappos and the impact on efficiency or effectiveness.
2. How does a positive corporate culture, such as Zapposâ€™, contribute to increased efficiency?
3. After watching the second video, identify at least three artifacts (see Exhibit 2.6). Explain how the artifacts reinforce the corporate culture at Zappos.
4. Read the article (Attachment) titled â€œInside Uberâ€™s Aggressive, Unrestrained Workplace Cultureâ€. Relate the article to section 2.4 (Attachment) Types of Culture. Select which type of culture you believe Uber had at the time of the article (not now.) Explain why you selected the particular type of culture and use examples from the article to support your selection.
5. Recall Chapter 11 and refer to Section 11.2(Attachment) Contemporary Leadership. Please relate Tony Hsiehâ€™s dedication to developing culture and his leadership style to one of the types of leadership described in section 11.2 (Attachment).