- Prepare a 2-3 page business report in which you analyze your leadership strengths and develop a statement of who you are as a leader. Explain how coaching can be used to maximize your leadership strengths and achieve your professional goals.
This portfolio work project helps you define who you are as a leader. It is something that would be useful to you in annual performance reviews or to use as a reminder of your strengths and best qualities.
Your leader is interested in your development as a leader in your organization. You have recently taken the BetterUp Whole Person Leadership self-assessment and have participated in at least one BetterUp coaching session. Your leader would like you to spend some time reflecting on the results of your assessment and gathering some additional information from those who know you best.
Your role is to prepare a professional document in which you review and reflect on your strengths; collect additional information from 3â€“5 colleagues, friends, or others who know you well; and create a portrait of yourself as a leader.
Before completing this assessment, you must have taken the BetterUp self-assessment and participated in one coaching session. Refer to Resources: BetterUp Leadership Strengths Assessment for more information.
Collecting Additional Information Preparation
This assessment requires you to collect feedback from 3â€“5 people who know you best. Because not everyone is likely to respond, you should identify at least 10 people to ask. Choose a variety of people who have had extended contact with you, such as:
- Colleagues (former or current), such as vendors, customers, or board members.
- Friends (old or recent), neighbors, or fellow volunteers.
- Family members.
- Others who know you well. Be creative in your choices.
Try to give your respondents sufficient time to respond. You can create a feedback form or keep it simpler. The questions you should ask are:
- Who am I when I am at my best?
- Can you provide a specific example of a time when I was at my best?
You can reach out by phone, e-mail, text, or in person.
Once you have all of the necessary information, prepare your report and address the following:
- Analyze your leadership strengths.
- Identify your top three strengths from the BetterUp assessment.
- Explain how you currently use those strengths.
- Describe who you are when you are at your best, according to your contacts.
- Explain how your strengths are reflected in your actions when you are at your best.
- Develop a statement of who you are as a leader, based on your analysis. You may wish to include your purpose, values, strengths, goals, and more. You may also wish to add to your statement who you want to be as a leaderâ€”what you aspire to. This way, your statement becomes your own vision of who you want to be.
- Explain how the the live coaching experience that you had during this course can help you use your leadership strengths and best self to achieve your professional goals.
Your deliverable is a 2â€“3 page business report. Because this is a personal reflection, you may write it in the first person and do not need to cite any supporting references.
Related company standards:
- The Defining Yourself as a Leader assessment is a business report, which is a type of professional document and should therefore follow the professional style in the MBA Academic and Professional Document Guidelines (located in the MBA Program Resources), including single-spaced paragraphs.
- In addition to the report, include:
- Title page.
- References page (if applicable).
- APA formatted references (if applicable).
By successfully completing this assessment, you will demonstrate your proficiency in the following course competencies through corresponding scoring guide criteria:
- Competency 1: Analyze the strengths and behaviors of successful leaders.
- Analyze personal leadership strengths.
- Develop a personal leadership statement that includes purpose and values as a leader.
- Competency 2: Apply leadership strengths and behaviors to workplace situations.
- Explain how the live coaching experience during this course can help with the use of leadership strengths to achieve professional goals.
- Competency 5: Communicate effectively through academic and professional writing.
- Write content clearly and logically with correct use of grammar, punctuation, and mechanics.
https://assignmentcollections.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/12/Logo-Assitbin-300x57.png 0 0 admin https://assignmentcollections.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/12/Logo-Assitbin-300x57.png admin2020-12-23 16:21:502020-12-23 16:21:50leadership 216