Business Finance Assignment Collections – assignmentcollections.com
This is a 3 part report to include a Sec10K report, Power point presentation, and a Professional Resources Report.
The company is Pepsi for the year of 2019.
As an analyst for a large U.S. multinational corporation you are assigned to examine a possible acquisition candidate, completing an initial search and review. Your supervisor is a member of the Controller’s team. The controller reports directly to the Chief Financial Officer (CFO). Your work may be presented to a variety of audiences so professionalism is exceptionally important in all deliverables you create.
- Select a company that is publicly traded.
- You must research and secure the SEC 10-K Annual Report for the most recent year. This is often available at the company web site. Search for “Investor Information” or “Company Information”.
- You may also find the report using the SEC EDGAR system.
- Save the file to your computer for access. There is no need to print this file as the report is usually 100 pages or more.
- Use this company in the Discussion postings throughout the semester. The discussion questions will help you build content for your report and presentation.
- Post the name of your company in the SEC 10-K company for your instructor’s approval in the SEC Project: Request a Corporation to Study (REQUIRED posting) during Week 1. All parts of the discussion must be answered in your post.
- Each student must select a different company, so read the company names selected by classmates. Also, your selected company must be ranked 500 or higher on the Fortune 500 list of industrial companies.
- Your report should comment on the financial statements for your company as they relate to the information presented through Week 5 material for this class, including the notes to the financial statements.
- Do not consider material from Weeks 7 and 8 in your report.
- The report must be submitted after Week 5 material on Property, Plant and Equipment (PPE).
- Write a 2- to 3-page ( a full page typically has at least 300 words) report, single spaced, one-inch margins, 12-point font, with a double space between paragraphs.
- Please keep your report to no more than 3 pages.
- Page count does not include title page, tables and exhibits, table of contents, and reference list.
- Include a title page (include your name on the title page). Use headings in your report such as Accounts Receivable and Inventory (topics from the textbook); other examples would be Balance Sheet and Income Statement.
- Include a brief introduction of your company as well as a conclusion/summary at the end. The bulk of your report should cover the accounting topics in Weeks 1 through 5.
- You will also be required to include the Income Statement and Balance Sheet as an attachment to your report. You can cut and paste directly from the SEC 10-K Report. These are considered attachments and are not part of the required page count for the report.
- APA style is required for citations and a reference list. Include in text citations. The reference list is the most important.
- Your report should use one-inch margins on the left, right, top, and bottom of each page, and font set at 12 point.
Presentation Instructions: (goes hand in hand with the report)
- You are also required to prepare a brief PowerPoint file of no more than 10 slides (do not exceed) for the SEC-10K Report.
- Make sure you include a reference list in APA format.
- This can not just be slide show of the SEC10K report.
- You need to explain the financial breakdown.
Professional Resources Report instructions:
Why audit? We will either be the auditor or be audited. We must understand internal control and the management of risk. The management of risk is everyone’s responsibility.
- This report fulfills the request of your supervisor who is completing a project on these key issues, including certifications and the roles fraud detection and deterrence, as well as internal control serve, to meet the goals of the organization.
- Following your review of course materials in Week 8, use the websites below to create a report of at least one page for each of the three topics: fraud detection and deterrence, internal control, and certifications.
- Relate these topics to our course material for Principles of Accounting I.
- The goal is to research, consider, and report what you know about these topics.
- Consider the question and decide: what would you want to know?
- Fraud Detection and Deterrence
- Internal Control: COSA
- Certifications: CFE, CIA, and CISA
- Report Layout
1. Always include your name and a descriptive title in the file name.
2. Create, save, and submit a Microsoft Word document that covers the topics listed below and consists of one page (one page usually has at least 300 words) for each topic.
3. Your report should be adequate. Fewer than three pages is not long enough; seven pages is too long. Ideally, you will end up with a three-page (three pages usually have at least 900 words) report not including the title or reference page.
4. Report is expected to have at least three-pages not including the title or reference page. Fewer than three pages is not long enough; seven pages is too long.
5. Include your name and a descriptive title in the file name.
6. Your report should be single-spaced, with double spacing between paragraphs.
7. Use headers within the document.
- You are writing a business report, not double-spaced academic papers.
- This is not a business proposal, and it is not a casual reflective report.
- Tell a story.
- Explain the concepts.
- You are building your vocabulary.
- Spell check. Write, read, and edit. Take care with word selection and sentence structure.
- Use APA style for citations and create a works cited list. Include website references.
This needs to be 3 separate parts this means 3 separate files.