Business Finance Assignment Collections – assignmentcollections.com
You have recently found out that your aunt has passed away and has left you a total sum of $250,000 in her will. For years, you have had a business plan for opening up a hair salon that would include a spa and nail treatment facility. You want to open up the business somewhere in the Central Valley area or over on the coast.
Your business plan is already in place in terms of the actual workings of the business, but you now need to find a business space, pull permits for construction/renovation, understand the various laws, etc. The questions that you need answers for are the following, and you need to do research (See below) in order to answer these questions:
- Write an introduction paragraph; a brief introduction to your paper as to who left you the money, why you want to open up your business, the name that you’ve chosen and why you need to do research in order to be in compliance with the laws governing opening up a hair salon.
- So, you’ll need to pick a strong business name that will identify your business as unique within the community. What name have you chosen for your salon business? Why did you choose that name?
- What city have you determined to be the best choice for your salon? How do you register your DBA; (DBA = “Doing Business As”) within the city you have chosen? (http://www.calgold.ca.gov/ (Links to an external site.))
- (Please use the city Fresno, CA)
- Completely read through Title 16 – Division 9. Board of Barbering and Cosmetology as well as the information on Regulations of Hair Salons. (See link below). In terms of hiring or renting space to cosmetologists, what are specifically, some of the key things you’ll need to do in order to be in compliance with Title 16 and the regulations that govern hair salons? (You can bullet these items, but explain what each item entails.)
- What are those skill sets that you are required by law to include in training your staff? Why are these important? (You can bullet these items, but explain what each item entails.)
- You need to make sure that you have insurance that will cover your business in terms of liability. You need to select an insurance company that will protect you and all your assets. After reviewing your options, (see link below) what company did you choose? What were the main reasons for choosing that particular insurance company? (You will need to be specific.)
- You decide to sign a lease for a space in a strip mall. What types of things should you look for concerning the terms of the lease? (Be specific)
- Because OSHA and the EPA govern this type of business, what kinds of environmental issues will you need to concern yourself with in terms of the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA)? OSHA?
- You have several issues that deal with regulations of chemicals, especially with a spa and nail treatment facility. What are the regulations you need to make sure that you comply and what areas will you need to train your employees in terms of complying with those regulations?
- What information will you need to know about retrofitting your business in order to comply with the American’s with Disability Act?
- What types of permits do you need to have in order to comply with the city ordinances in terms of business signs, (signage); road access; ADA parking, etc.? (You can bullet these items, but explain what each item entails.)
- It is common in this industry to serve wine if you have a spa-like setting. What rules and regulations cover wine?
Answer all these questions in the paper. Not in Q&A format but in a MLA Paper format.
- Address all the questions within the body of the paper, focusing in on this as being your own business, and this paper is an addendum to your business plan.
- You can use headings and bullets within your paper in order to introduce the topics or list points.
- LIST ALL citations used; don’t leave anything out!