GRADING RUBRIC MUST BE FOLLOWED
I HAVE ATTACHED THE FIRST ASSESSMENT THAT THIS IS A CONTINUATION OF; PLEASE USE THE INFORMATION FROM FIRST ASSESSMENT IF NEEDED FOR THIS ASSIGNMENT. ALSO, PLEASE NOTE THAT I HAVE CHANGED THE NAME OF THE TEACHER IN THE FIRST ASSESSMENT.
I ALSO HAVE ATTACHED THE FULL ASSESSMENT DESCRIPTION AS I HAVE RUN OUT OF CHARACTER SPACE
For this assessment, start to narrow down some of your ideas about your action research study, and think about how you will carry out the proposed research. Address the following items in a 3â€“5 page scholarly paper that includes a minimum of 4 citations and is in APA format:
- Restate your topic with an introduction, including the purpose of the study (from Assessment 1).
- Outline the research questions being asked; be thoughtful of whether these are qualitative or quantitative and how they directly tie to your study purpose.
- Describe your population and the chosen sample and sampling approach. Who you will be collaborating with?
- Discuss the instruments/assessment tools you will use to collect data and how will they be shown to be valid and reliable.
- Discuss some alternative ways of capturing this information. Include at least one other method than those you have planned that you could use to gather the same information. This could either be through a qualitative interview instead of a survey (or vice versa) or different instruments. Justify your chosen approach using citation support and comparison of other methods.
- Describe how technology will be integrated to enhance the research. Will you use technology via the application and/or the assessment and potential outcomes?
- Describe the role diversity plays in the problem and how your research and intended changes will improve learning for diverse student populations.
- Determine the known risks or unintended consequences of the study. How can you be sure to address ethical considerations and protect your sample from any harm?
- And finally, looking at the purpose of the study, think about what your desired change is. What is your vision of how the situation should look after you implement your changes?
Resources: Planning Your Research Project
- ED-FP5306 Action Research Library Guide.
- Leedy, P. D., & Ormrod, J. E. (2019). Practical research: Planning and design (12th ed.). New York, NY: Pearson. Available from the bookstore.
- Chapter 4, “Planning Your Research Project,” pages 82â€“124.
- Rojon, C., & Saunders, M. N. K. (2012). Formulating a convincing rationale for a research study. Coaching: An International Journal of Theory, Research and Practice, 5(1), 55â€“61.
- Fengfeng, K., & Abras, T. (2013) Games for engaged learning of middle school children with special learning needs. British Journal of Educational Technology, 44(2), 225â€“242. doi:10.1111/j.1467-8535.2012.01326.x
- Thompson, G. (2014). Four keys to designing the classroom of the future. T H E Journal, 41(9), 18â€“22.
The following two articles provide examples of using technology in action research projects. In your own action research project consider the role of technology. Will you use technology via the application and/or the assessment and potential outcomes?